Some Insights from Our Carpet and Flooring Experts In Kenner
Finding the right flooring for your home or offices can be one hectic job. Everything should match and should be affordable, but above all, what is the right flooring type is the question.
When it comes to choosing between carpet flooring and hardwood flooring, most of us think that the decision is dictated solely by the cost of the product and installation. Whether its carpet flooring or hardwood flooring, the design, affordability, comfort, and the sustainability of the product should always be considered first.
We understand you and that is why we are here to help! We can help you choose from luxurious carpets in thousands of colors, patterns and designs. If you are hardwood flooring fan then we help you pick the best handcrafted, exotic and domestic hardwoods for your home or offices. If you are in a hurry and need to decide among the two most preferred flooring types then please refer below.
Advantages of Carpet Flooring
- Carpet flooring, be it at home or commercial spaces, enhance the overall look of its surrounding. You can choose from many thousands of carpet styles and colors as per your requirement. Choices of carpets reflect your personality.
- Apart from adding beauty to the floors, carpet also acts as a natural insulator, providing additional warmth in rainy or cold seasons. Carpets provides actual thermal resistance (R-value) that retain warm air for a longer period of time.
- Carpets, in all cases, provide a comfortable place to sit. They are perfect for play or work.
- Carpet is ideal for cushioning and providing grip to our footsteps. This helps in reducing slips and falls to minimize injuries.
- Did you know that carpets reduce noise pollution to some extent? Yes, that beauty on the floor absorbs sounds coming from computers, sound system, tv and other source of noise.
- They can be easily cleaned and maintained. With proper cleaning method you can maintain their life for many years.
Advantages of Hardwood Flooring
- Hardwood floors come in a variety of designs and patters that are sure to enhance the beauty of your property and add value to your property.
- Properties with hardwood floors sell faster and for higher value that homes without them.
- A properly cared typical hardwood floors can last from 35 to 100 years!
- They have high insulation properties. They stay warm in cold weather and cool in summers.
- They are easy to maintain, repaired or cleaned.
No matter what you choose for your flooring, a proper installation is necessary. Perfect installation and finish will give a visually appealing and durable floor. Before installing any type of floor make sure that:
- Shift breakable items such as glasswares, show pieces, Tv, stereos, DVD and other valuables from the area where flooring is being installed. Also remove furnitures and keep the area congestion free.
- Look for options and decide who will remove and dispose the existing flooring if you have any. Check recycling options in your area.
- Contact your installer and go through the plan that they have made for flooring installation.
- Unplug wiring and connections from the power outlets.